Fate is Chance. Destiny is Choice.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My life at the moment...

At the moment, I am in a stressful continuum of time to try and get my 10,000 word project essay done in three weeks. I've got the questionnaires back, have put all the data and demographics into a coding system and put it in microsoft excel. In the meantime, I am also trying to read as much as possible because a lack of time during the Easter break meant that I was doing my lesser 5000 word essays. Basically, my days are broken up into mealtimes, reading and watching TV. Last week I only went out once..what fun.

Anyway, I also bought the fifth and sixth series of Charmed - I love the idea of witches/magic and paranormal happenings. Which is probably why I bought the first series of The X-Files the other day from play.com! Well...it was on special offer *grins*. I've always had these memories of watching the X-Files and feeling rather spooked about it all! The theme tune is rather creepy too - I'm not sure what instruments are used but its the kind that make your armhairs stand on end :-D

My lovely partner is coming down from Scotland at the weekend so I'm looking forward to that :) I miss actually talking to someone other than my housemate! A couple of weeks without seeing family or friends can drive you mad (most of friends are at home you see).

I suppose I better go and do some more reading. The computer is far too distracting...so many blogs to read and comment on, so little time :-)

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • Yep, you have to love those essays! Good luck with yours :)

    By Blogger Liz, At 11:31 pm  

  • Wow! Are you a grad student? Because the amount of work you're doing is impressive. I saw on your profile that you're pursuing a sociology degree. I'm so _____ (insert word similar to jealous, but that is friendly instead of mean-spirited). I did psych, and *wish* I'd done sociology instead-it's a better fit.

    I don't actually like the paranormal, but I love the x-files! Season 6 is my favorite-lots of monster shows. Oooh, if you haven't already watched it, the episode "Squeeze" on season 1 is very, very scary. Not one for right before bed. ;)

    By Blogger spotted elephant, At 12:29 am  

  • I know the feeling. I have three 3-thousand-word essays to write :( and these damn blogs aren't helping!

    By Blogger some girl, At 1:32 pm  

  • Hey, I'm actually doing my first degree - I'm not sure what you would call it but I'm just an undergraduate at the moment! If I get a 2.1 then I'm hoping I can do a Masters degree (MA) in something...maybe women's studies or a research MA :)

    The amount of work I've had over two years is scary - every term with the modules I've been doing (2 per term) we get a procedural essay to do, then for our grand assessment for the actual degree I've had to do 7 5000 word essays and I'm doing the 10,000 project essay (it's kind of like a research essay). I'll be so happy when I've done it all! I don't do exams though, I think this course at York is the only sociology course that doesn't do exams in the UK (woohoo) :)

    Yep..I've seen squeeze..its scary!! Especially the bit at the end where the scary guy is staring at the gap in the door! :-S

    I'm not a paranormal 'geek' :-D but I do find I really like shows like Charmed, the X-Files, Buffy and so on. I like Sci-Fi too! :)

    By Blogger Liz, At 1:33 pm  

  • Yep..the damn blogs definitely don't help! Good luck...I think this is the time when everyone has loads of work to do!

    By Blogger Liz, At 1:34 pm  

  • I know the feeling, I did that when I got my diploma back in Romania. Being a full time student and working full time is many things and none of them is fun. Do you know what was worse? ( I am not trying to one up you, just a note)- my diploma is not recognised in England. I am taking my UNi all over again, here.

    In otehr news, me and Mr M are coming to York on the bank holiday for a bit of exploring. If you feel like a coffee and a feminist chat, give me a sign

    By Blogger soopermouse, At 6:58 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home