Fate is Chance. Destiny is Choice.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Beautiful Pics of Beautiful Cats















Things have been a little hectic recently and I haven't really felt much like blogging, but I promise I'll be back soon when I've sorted out what I want to say in this cluttered head of mine!

I started a new volunteer job two weeks ago in a fundraising department at a school for autistic children, I'm enjoying it so far. Obviously don't have any contact with the children but I had a tour around the school and it seems fantastic - they have 'quiet rooms' where kids go when they need to calm down, they have one to one support all the time, and it's a generally very supportive and creative environment.

My sis's friend managed to get reading tickets for a bunch of them to go off for the entire weekend (it sounds great - the line up is sooo good! The Gossip, Razorlight, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Kooks, The Killers, etc etc) so am a bit jealous! But I'm thinking of dragging someone along to Glastonbury (just for a day), we'll see.

But am starting to wonder if, when I was a teen, I missed out on all that festival fever! Now I'm getting older, I feel that I really want to catch up on things that I missed out on. Okay, I'm only 22 but soon enough I'll be working, with only weekends and holidays for doing stuff I want to do!

Considering I'm the quieter, more bookish type (my sis at the moment is a crazy wild indie kid!), I think when I was a teen I sort of felt reluctant to get out there and enjoy myself. Which is why I want to make the most of things now, while I've still got time to do it =)

Anyway, I'll be back with more soon..I know I've missed posting for things like International Women's Day (I hope it was good for people) and Blogging Against Sexism day, but I'll definitely post regarding my thoughts in the very near future!

I hope you like little supercat (thats Quentin at the top) and sleepy foxy lady (Flossie at the bottom) =D Haven't got round to getting Georgina's photos off my phone yet!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Hey, don't worry about running out of time to do the fun stuff like festivals etc, and that when you start working you'll have less time to do it. Since leaving uni and getting out of my teenage years, I've done more fun things than ever before. There's no age limit to this sort of thing, I like to think I'll still be going to the festivals in my forties!

    By Blogger Michelle, At 8:24 pm  

  • Thanks, I think I won't worry. I've decided to sit back and enjoy myself, until further notice, hehe.

    Still going to festivals in our forties sounds great to me! ;)

    By Blogger Liz, At 5:59 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home