Fate is Chance. Destiny is Choice.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Cats and Fireworks...Not a good Combination!

So..I haven't been up to much lately. I've been offered a volunteer experience with Cancer Backup as they get a lot of mail in the run up to Xmas, so I'm going in next week to have a look around and meet people. It should start next week, so I think it's something to do and something to add to my CV.

Our three cats (Quentin, Flossie and Georgina) have been totally freaked out about the fireworks this weekend so have been allowed to fur up the living room furniture so we can keep them company. Flossie likes to hide under the video and dvd cupboard and Georgina likes to sit on me covering my previously immaculate black trousers with white fur. I'm not sure what Quentin does but he tends to sit on my mum when she falls asleep and demand her attention (he's extremely vocal).

My mum, my sis and I went to Alexandra Palace to see the firework display on Saturday, the fireworks were great this year. We shared a few chips and gazed up with our mouths open (strangely enough, we didn't catch any flies). It was so loud though, I managed to turn my hearing aids off in time but we were almost right underneath them, lol.

I've been commenting over at Amananta's as she needs some hope and strength at the moment. So please go over and give her some strength and solidarity. It's hard to constantly blog about feminism and things that matter to you because its not only draining, but people can be extremely cruel and bitchy, especially on the internet when they think nobody's going to call them out on it. Well, I hope they're proud of themselves. Feminists should work together, no matter what they believe in: we all want women to be empowered and liberated from patriarchy.

I'm blogging really late, so it's off to bed for me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home