Fate is Chance. Destiny is Choice.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Midnight Poetry - Distortion

I still see it
Everywhere I look
Everywhere I go
Posturing, Exposing
Bodies full of lies
On which is written
Patriarchy

Contortion
Women hating crimes
Distortion on the page
Not appreciation
It's objectification
Torture in disguise

Fantasies fuelled by hate
That nobody should sate
Violation, pain and rape
Don't want to see it
Don't want to know it

I don't want to hear it
It's not 'a bit of fun'
We have nowhere left to run
Nowhere left to hide
With this pain eating up inside

Just fuels more anger
More stoking to the fire
I'll fight and I won't back down
Though we feel we might drown

I'm not leaving
Til it's all away
From our eyes

I'm not moving
Til this objectification
Is where it belongs
Til you've righted your wrongs.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home