Fate is Chance. Destiny is Choice.

Monday, October 10, 2005

If At First You Don't Suceed Then Try Again...

Well...whats to say about my life? I'm a University student at York University and it's great having that independence! It also makes you appreciate family and friends more because you don't see them that often. I live in a house with two other girls - one of them is studying biology and the other is studying history of art. They're both great!

I'm deaf, I have been from the age of 6 when I was diagnosed - I do have memories of being able to hear but I think what happened was that I dealt with it very well up til I was 6, I've always been a good lipreader. I definitely heard more then than I do now - as my hearing deteriorated when I was 15 but I have digital hearing aids and they're really good cos I can hear things fairly clearly. I have always loved music, one of the best memories I've got is me being in a funk and my Dad putting on Michael Jackson's Thriller album, which definitely cheered me up :-) I've always read widely, and I just love to escape to another world in books. I've read so many books that my one fear is that I'll run out of things to read one day!! I've always been optimistic and I refuse to feel as though I'm disabled because labels like that are pathetic because they are so negative. I would say that being deaf has actually enrichened my life in many ways although it is hard work sometimes.

I'm going to be 21 this year so I'm excited about that...I suppose it would make me legal to drink in America - I'm going to New York as a treat before Xmas this year. I've never been to America and I love travelling so it's really something to look forward to. I'm also hoping to go travelling with my boyfriend of 4 years and 8 months - next year we're hopefully going on holiday somewhere together :) My boyfriend lives in Edinburgh and I travel there a lot, I almost consider it a third home! (after York and London). He also has a blog - his url is http://straydogstrutt.blogspot.com/ - so go on have a look..you know you want to :D

I've got a lot of interests, I've always tried to be interested in lots of different things - you don't know whether you'll like something til you've tried it. I think that you have to take a chance with your life and try and make it work for you, try and achieve what you want to achieve. If it doesn't work the first time then you should just keep trying :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home